- Describe a situation when you identified a new way of doing something, which affected other people. How did you convince the others that it was the right thing to do?
- Describe a recent situation when you have had to overcome a challenge. What difficulties did you face and how did you resolve these?
- Describe a situation which demonstrates how you applied your analytical skills to solve a problem
- Describe a time when you have worked within a team. What attributes did you bring to the team? What did you learn about your own behavior in this situation and how would you change your behavior in a similar situation in the future?
- What are your spare time interests? Please explain why these are important to you and include any areas of responsibility
Specific questionsWhy have you chosen to join <insert company name>? What has influenced your choice of business area and what particularly interests you in the <insert company scheme>?
- Quantitative Analysis
This Refers to a situation where the analytical questions have been established and you need to produce a concrete and quantified solution using numerical analysis and /or modelling. Please describe:
- Your role
- Any analytical techniques you used and how you used them.
- How you used available data or produced it.
- How you assessed the accuracy and usefulness of your results
- Drive for results
It is important that OR analysts plan their work clearly and can respond to clients requests within deadlines, being proactive and using initiative when problems arise.
- Your role in the project;
- Your objective and the steps you took to plan and monitor the project;
- How you dealt with challenges, both foreseen and unexpected.