15 November 2012

Maths Events in the London area

A while ago I was asked to publicise maths events in the London area, that might be of interest to London based university mathematics students. I was asked on behalf of the IMA (the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications.).
I am not a member of the IMA and all the views in this blog are my own and no way are representative of the IMA.
The Facebook page had been already set up so all I had to do is populate it with events. Harder than you can imagine and also I do need an audience so they can read it (current time of writing it has 190 fans) so I brought it over to twitter, since this is where I was getting any events from.
On Facebook I did run an advert campaign for 2 days trying to aim for London universities i.e.:
  • Birkbeck University
  • City University London
  • University of Greenwich
  • Imperial College London
  • Kingston University
  • Kings College London
  • London Metropolitan University
  • London School of Economics
  • The Open University???
  • Queen Mary, University of London
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
  • UCL, University College London
The main twitter accounts I got my maths event information is these: There is others so I put them in a twitter list not all talk about events, but most of the links are of some interest. If you know of any events please tweet @IMALonEvents or write on the facebook page please.

No comments:

Post a Comment